May 29, 2012

You Have Been Called to be A Prophet of God... Will You Accept?


Imagine, you are asked to become a prophet of God (the Infinite), you know what this means… would you accept?


The books description reads…

"Ela Roeh of Parne doesn't understand why her beloved Creator, the Infinite, wants her to become His prophet. She's undignified and bad-tempered, and at age seventeen she's much too young. In addition, no prophet of Parne has ever been a girl. Worst of all, as Parne's elders often warn, if she agrees to become the Infinite's prophet, Ela knows she will die young.

Yet she can't imagine living without Him. Determined to hear the Infinite's voice, Ela accepts the sacred vinewood branch and is sent to bring the Infinite's word to a nation torn apart by war. There she meets a young ambassador determined to bring his own justice for his oppressed people. As they form an unlikely partnership, Ela battles how to balance the leading of her heart with the leading of the Infinite."

This book held my attention page after page, I absorbed, inhaled, devoured it all in a day! I loved it. I was right there, by her side, as she encountered beasts, as she stood before kings and ambassadors and other officials in high office… and almost certain death. I was there with her as she was kidnapped (more than once) as she stood by her faith. I was right there with her, felt her fears, felt her frustrations in sharing the love and truth of the “Infinite one”. 

There was no way to predict the outcome of this book (as I usually do with so many others).

I loved the way this author wrote and invited you into the mind of a prophet in ancient times. I love the way she wrote, to share with us how merciful, how loving, how ever present our God truly is… to allow those who do not know Him in this way, a glimpse of the relationship they could have with Him. Time after time He showed his infinite wisdom and that his word will hold till the end of time. It doesn’t matter how things appear to be, it doesn’t matter how afraid you are, as long as you follow the command of God His promise to you will be fulfilled. Even though you may not understand His reason for asking you to do something that seems farfetched… He knows the reason, He’s already in the future and He sees the outcome.

An attention grabber from the beginning… I have already put my order in for the next book in this series “Judge” expected to be released in November of this year (2012)
I recommend this book to everyone, of all ages, absolutely wonderful!

You can read the first chapter of this book by going to Amazon.com... you won't regret it!

( I received a copy of this book from BethanyHouse for my honest review… I did not guarantee a positive review and the comments above are my own entirely)




Photobucket

No comments: