May 11, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Identity

I've been looking inward lately.  I'm often confused with what I find... confused with the fact that I'm not sure what it is I find.  


I sit and wonder who am I? Who am I in this world, to my family, in my church? What is my identity in Christ?  Is my identity solid? 


People around me, who know me... who really know me, would they consider me a strong woman of faith or would they consider my faith wishy washy?


I look at my husband and my children and I wonder the same for them. How, when, will they be secure in their identity in the Lord. If I wonder these things even now... will they ever be secure?


I know that I've found John 3:30 lately... and all I know to do is keep repeating it to myself, keep reminding myself.   The devil is a liar, it's not about me... its not about me.


He must increase... I must decrease. 


More of Him, less of me....   Less of me, more of You.


More of you all, more of everyone of you out there.


I've always been the person everyone ran to with their problems... not because I would be able to solve them for them... but because I would sit, nod, and listen... because I didn't judge or criticize.  I want more of that.  I want to make my life about everyone and everything around me.  I don't want anything at all to be the focus of me, but I want to make the focus on God.


Thank you Lord, for giving me this revelation... and I thank you for reminding me each time I loose sight of it.


Less of me, more of You.


STOP


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I pray this prayer so often, too. I pray it often in the face of pride -- may it not be about my glory, but His alone.

So nice to meet you.

Sylvia R said...

Rich blessings on your heart's desires. Surely they are from God Himself. Yes, so nice to meet you!