December 18, 2007
Yesterday my son (6) told me that he wanted a shirt for Christmas that says "God is love". That just melted my heart. Then today my daughter (8) won a jewelry making kit at school, the kit contains enough to make 20 pieces of jewelry, do you know she only wanted to make one thing for herself, and made out a list of 19 people she wanted to make things for as Christmas presents. She is even crafting her own jewelry boxes for each gift. She is going to be like me, such a crafty little person with a big heart. I am so proud of both of them, did I mention that they will both be getting baptised this Sunday at church. They each dedicated their lives to the lord at different times, months ago. So needless to say, I will be taking lots of pictures of them. I just wanted to share that with you. DH is working late tonight, he won't be in until really late, or early tomorrow morning. I really dislike when he is working that late, so far away from home, I worry about him driving tired. I wish he could find more jobs closer to where we live. So this will be a late night for me, as I always wait up for him. I just can't sleep when I am worried about him so much. Here I am typing about how proud I am of the kids, and they are acting up, not wanting to get ready for bed. I guess that will have to be enough for now, I need to get them settled in so I can have some quiet time.
My current cleaning routine is as follows.
- Wake up and make my bed, tidy up the bedroom before heading to the bathroom to get dressed.
- I get dressed in the bathroom, fix my hair and brush my teeth. While in the bathroom I pick up any clothes and put them in the hamper, tidy up the counter, sink and quickly wipe down the toilet.
- I then head to the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, take out meat to thaw for dinner and start the laundry to be done for the day.
- I wake up the kids and they get dressed for school and off they go.
- I do my weekly cleaning
- I go through the house and throw away (de-clutter) 25 things (tip from flylady). Do one room every day for a week if you are just starting until you have gone through the whole house. After that, do one room only once a week as part of your weekly cleaning, so each room gets de-cluttered about once every month or two.
- I tidy up for a few minutes (5-15 depending on how much time I have).
- Cook dinner
- Clear off clutter proned areas
- Load the dishwasher
- Me and 7 yr old clean up the kitchen
- 6 yr old cleans up the living room
- Everyone takes a bath and gets their clothes together for the next morning.
- Bathroom pick up
- Monday - wash sheets, blankets and towels. Wipe down appliances, front door, windows, mirrors and plan menu for the week.
- Tuesday-wash 2 youngsters clothes. Wipe and dust all surfaces in the house.
- Wednesday-2 oldest wash their clothes and pick them up. Clean the tubs, sinks, toilets and showers.
- Thursday-Wash me and hubbies clothes. Sweep and mop hard floors.
- Friday-Either do a de-cluttering, or wipe down the walls in 1 room of the house. Vacuum carpets and sweep off steps.
Soooo, it has again been a while since my last post, a long time actually. Our family now has a new addition. We have a beautiful baby girl named Angelique Marie. She is so wonderful. She weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces at birth, and had to be delivered by c-section due to her being breached. She was the only one out of my now four children who was delivered by c-section. It was awful, I would rather give birth any day than to have to have another c-section. I couldn't believe the pain that followed that procedure. Baby girl is in her swing as of now, kind of fussing, because she likes to be held. Angelina (3 yr old) is taking a nap in her bed and Destiny (almost 8 yr old) and Daniel (6 yr old) are in school. DH has started his own company, working a lot for this time of year, but waiting to get paid for the jobs he is working... money is short so this may very well be the last post for me for a while. I will have to disconnect the intranet for a while to cut back on expenses. I need to update my control journal, as I do things a little differently now that baby girl is here. I may have to do that today or tomorrow. I will have to go to the DMV tomorrow morning to turn the plate in for my car, as I had to cancel the insurance today. We have three vehicles on insurance, and as I have said, we have to cut back on expenses. I have already canceled our T.V. which surprisingly, I don't miss at all and it's been over a week now. The kids don't miss it either. If anyone is reading this, please pray for God to provide for my family, I have faith that he will, he always does. O.k. that's all I will have time for today, I need to get to the housework. I had to go to town to do a few things today, and the day is already half gone and I haven't done a thing in the house yet.