May 18, 2012

I'm Thankful For These Dirt Rings...


As I rinse the evidence of his days hard work down the drain… I pause…

On my knees bent over the tub, too very late last night, I realize that there may come a day when I miss having these reminders of him.

His socks left on the floor… again.

His plate left where he ate… again.

His calling out my name for help on a project… again.

I wipe the tub one last time, glad that all the evidence has finally gone, and I smile.

Through the tired back, and the oncoming head ache … my evidence of the days hard work… I want nothing more than a hot bath, and my warm bed… but I pause… and I smile.

I am so thankful for these dirt rings I have to rinse,

For the socks I have to pick up,

For the plate I need to bring in the kitchen,

For his needing, and wanting my help,

Again… again… again… and again.

I am so thankful I have him in my life… I am so thankful for all of the evidence of him… I would never want it any other way.

I am grateful for my God, who lifts the veil from over my eyes so I can see things how they really are at times. I'm thankful when He holds me still in those times when it's so very easy to get swept away in this every day life. 

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

(p.s. That is not my tub... pfth... I wish!)

Photobucket

No comments: