April 10, 2012

You of little faith...



God spoke to me one day, so clearly.

 I was reading Matthew 16:7-10 which says – They discussed this among themselves and said, “It is because we didn’t bring any bread.”  Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, “You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread? Do you still not understand? Don’t you remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered?

I had been worried at that time about the girls ministry. Satan had been feeding me lies I suppose, trying to make me doubt my ability to lead these pre-teens to Christ. I was starting to wonder if God had really lead me to minister to these girls, or if it was really just a desire of my own. I thought I had felt God leading me to this ministry when I was 18… that desire had never faded only pushed back, waiting for Gods timing and for the door to be opened.

I was wondering if I had enough experience, or if there wasn’t someone better for this position at this time. All of these doubts, worries and fears were swirling through my head.
When God spoke to me He said:

Do you really have such little faith? Do you not believe what I have done with the fish and the loaves of bread when I fed the multitudes? Do you not yet see that it is not about what you have to offer… but it’s about what I can do with what you have to offer when you bring it all to Me.

Just as the boy with the fish and loaves had so little to offer considering the circumstances, when he brought all that he had to Jesus, it was blessed and was more than enough in the end. So it is the same with us today. I might not feel as if I have enough to offer these girls at times, but it is not about what I have to offer them, it is about what God can do with what I have when I bring all that I have to Him.

I thank you Lord Jesus for all that you do for us who bring our all to you. I thank you for your words of wisdom and for your encouragement. I ask you Lord to bless those who are doing your works, with willing hands and hearts… provide them with all that they need Jesus, provide them with enough.  Amen. 


Has God spoken to your heart lately? Would you like to share with us in the form of a comment, or post your response on your blog and post your blog link as a comment? I'm very interested to hear!

Photobucket

No comments: