June 22, 2012

Five Minute Friday - RISK


Risk.

Go.

What is risk exactly? Could it be deciding to try a workout program everyone you’ve spoken to about it promises you will not be able to complete?



I admit it’s INSANE, which is why it’s titled INSANITY. I wonder, too, if I will have enough will power to forge on day after day of such brutal workouts in order to bring this temple of God beyond the best it has ever been.


It’s a risk.

It’s a risk to write this knowing my track record in working out, knowing that there’s a possibility I might give in, throw in the towel, do a face plant right off the side of that wagon!

I know that when I turn 30 next year, I want to be in the best shape of my life. I don’t want to have to face medical problems for the simple reason that I didn’t have the mental strength and determination to preserver… to face my fears.

I want to set an example for my husband, who has diabetes, and my children who need to become ever so slightly more active.

I want to start out on this 60 day journey of the rest of my life… I broke in… I purchased the set. Eagerly, anxiously, excitedly, and drudgingly awaiting it’s arrival on my porch…

I took a chance

I know… it’s a risk. One that I believe I cannot afford to pass up.  

STOP

I'm following along with 
LisaJo @ 


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! Be an overcomer and do those hard things, for the glory of God!

Jody Lee Collins said...

Angel, I'm right there with you. I just started a Step Aerobics class after doing nothing for 20 years--and I'm almost 60. It's killing me but I like a challenge, and it's only for the summer (to start).
Good job getting started. SOME exercise (even 2 days a week) is better than no exercise. Keep us posted!