I have started to make homemade bread for my family. I found a few recipes from the Internet, and so far, this one is my favorite. I don't remember where I found it at though.
- 2 (.25 ounces) packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar and water until yeast is proven.
- Add salt, eggs, oil and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warmer place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into loaves.
- Place in two greased loaf pans, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to cool and enjoy.