December 1, 2011

Friends group - Girls Ministries

If I could choose only one thing to teach the Jr. High girls in my class, it would be to never loose sight of God. No matter what you are going through in your life, no matter how horrible the circumstances seem, He is always in control, He is always by your side... sometimes you simply need to get out of His way and let Him guide you. 


Trying to find how many times the word PURE appears 
in a chapter in Exodus. (next 6 weeks we focus on Purity)!

I want my girls to have a deep, loving relationship with God. I want them to understand their importance in this world... to understand how very valuable they are in the sight of the Lord. No matter what they experience at home, or school, to never forget that they are true Princesses... daughters of the one and only King of Kings. 

I've been through so much in my life, looking back I wish I had someone to tell me how important I was to God... and that He could, and would, use me if only I allowed Him to. Sometimes the one thing standing in our way is ourselves.

God will never leave you, He will never hurt you, He will be the one constant that you can depend on in your life. Humans will fail you, will hurt you, will let you down. It's a fact, we are not perfect... He IS.
Answering thought provoking questions... 

I'm still trying to get to know the girls in my class. Learn their personalities, find out about their home life and where they come from; what their likes and dislikes are, their hobbies, talents.
Yes, they are fabulous!  (one left before we could take the picture) :(

I have learned over the last couple of classes, that a LOT of the girls can draw VERY GOOD! I am wanting to find some ways to help them develop this into a way to worship the Lord.

I asked them last night to try and draw these anime characters praying... worshiping God and such.
If they come up with some really neat drawing, I would go and buy them some canvases to work on for us to be able to display them in our room! How awesome would that be?!

There are a few other girls who can sing very well. I need to figure out a way we can use their voices in class! Any suggestions?

We were short a few girls last night, we had 5 and we usually have about 3 or 4 more. 
She is pretending to work... :)


Photobucket

3 comments:

Ellen Stumbo said...

I love what you do! Being a former youth pastor's wife, I really do miss youth ministry!
Would the girls that sing be willing to sing before the class? maybe dim the lights, have some candles, and have them close their eyes in prayer while one of the girls sings?

Angel said...

That is a good idea!! I will see if they will be willing! Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing. These are the years for those girls where a solid foundation for Christ can be built. God bless you, and thank you for linking up at NOBH.