December 20, 2011

Puppy milk recipe & Bridal Shower Theme


The little pup picture taken early this morning!

Status update on the puppy!!! … the remaining female German Shepherd Puppy is doing just fine thus far… I came across a recipe for a calorie and protein rich formula for baby pups… I thought I would share it with you, just in case any of you are ever in need of such a recipe!

10 oz of goat milk (you can find pure goat milk in a can in your local grocery store.)
1 cup of plain yogurt (not non fat… you need the full fat)
1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon of Karo Syrup/Corn Syrup

Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Warm what you need (never feed a puppy cold milk!) pour into a baby bottle and give it to the puppy! The left over’s can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days. You may need to poke extra holes in the nipple if the mixture is a little too thick for the pup to suck without getting exhausted.

She was so full she almost seemed miserable after the first time she was actually able to have a full little belly.  I think we will become very attached to this little pup.  I looked up German names yesterday to see if I could find a good fit for her… I think I found it….

MILLIEwhich means Strength, Determination, Hard Worker

Okay, Bridal Shower Ideas!!

I wrote around Thanksgiving time that I was selected to be the Matron of Honor in my husbands nieces wedding!!  Bethanie is getting married on March 17th of this year and I am getting ready to plan her shower. I'm thinking the end of January would be a good time.
She LOVES COFFEE, and her kitchen is done in Coffee art… all over! She doesn’t actually own a coffee maker yet though… so we were thinking of throwing her a Coffee Themed Bridal Shower!!

 I love this invite!!

I found some awesome decoration ideas… and was wondering if any of you had any additional ideas or thoughts that could add to this? I am having so much fun with this theme, because I myself am a coffee lover!

I was thinking we could do a coffee bar and do coffee taste tests/creamer taste test
We live in South Louisiana, and most everyone here drinks only Community Coffee... nothing else compares... so I am thinking that it would be better to do a creamer taste testing instead of coffee... since we have already found the perfect coffee :)

I was thinking of having biscotti, bagels, coffee cakes, thumb print cookies... etc. for the desserts. 

The center pieces I found are vases filled with coffee beans with either tea light candles or flowers in the center... SOO CUTE! 


Instead of confetti, we can put coffee beans on the tables. 


Party favors can be bags with coffee or cocoa tied shut and accented with chocolate dipped spoons!


I was thinking that we could have a plain white coffee cup/saucer that we pass around and sign for the Bride-to-be to keep instead of a guest book. 

Okay ladies... this is my first time planning anything like this... please chime in!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where are the invitations from?