February 22, 2011

Crayon & Notepad Felt Roll!

Yesterday while browsing some blogs, I came across a tutorial for these adorable crayon and notepad rolls….
I made the first exactly like the tutorial for Tinkerbell, but the second, I put half a star instead of flower for Queen… (her favorite bedtime song is twinkle twinkle little star, and it’s one of the few things I figured I could free hand :))

This is the Twinkle Star roll open...

This is the Twinkle Star closed ...


These were so very easy, and came out super cute!  Best of all, I get to use up my stash of felt that I have been wondering what in the world I was going to do with…
The next time I have a few minutes of free time, I will making up a few of these to keep on hand for last minute birthday gifts, new big brother/sister gifts.. etc.

You can find the tutorial by clicking on the button below:


The only thing I could have kicked myself for, was not having pinking shears… I cut zig zags into the first roll by hand with a pair of regular scissors… I decided to forgo that part for the star roll… just me being lazy time savvy.
Hope these give you some inspiration! 

Here is the inside of the flower roll...

Here is the outside of the flower roll...


Now, go run around and gather all your felt scraps… and make some crayon/notepad rolls!

Oh, I have also been working on making an adorable black and white Damask gift set that I will be sending to a mom-to-be I am gifting for an EtsyBaby babyshower!  I will post pictures tomorrow :)
Happy Creating!


~Angel~

No comments: