January 24, 2011

Cute and Easy Leg Warmer Tutorial!

Here is my first attempt at a Tutorial :) .  I can not take credit for this pattern, I found it online somewhere, however I am not sure where I first seen it and have since found many like it. So, here it goes...



First you take a pair of knee high socks like these....


Then you cut out the heel and toe portion like below... 


You do this for both socks, and discard the heel and toe portion you removed...


Take the small tube part of the sock that was located between the heel and toe part, and fold it in half as shown below...


Sew this part in half (I use a zig zag stitch so it remains streatchable)...


It will look simular to below once you are finished...


You then take the above sewn portion and place it around the long sock piece you have remaining where the raw edges are together like this...


Now you sew these together using a zig zag stitch again...


When you turn the cuff part right side out, you should have two pairs of leg warmers like the pair below...



Here is another pair I made a while back

 just showing how each will look different depending on the sock... I also made a pair in navy blue for my 6 year old to wear to school.  It matches their uniform colors and are perfect in cooler weather when she wears skirts or shorts :)

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!!!

Happy Sewing,

Angel


No comments: