If you are looking for a simple, yet yummy, hot chocolate recipe that will feed a group... boy do I have one for you.
Everyone who tries my great-great-grandmothers homemade hot chocolate asks me for the recipe. It's not overly chocolaty, not too sweet, it's the perfect warm me up on cold days, especially with a plate of biscuits or beignets! mmmm MM!
This is one of my families recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation.
3 Cups of Sugar
5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 or 2 Cans of Pet Milk (or cups of milk)
- Fill a pot (or crock pot) with water, as much water as you want hot chocolate, and put to boil (or cook if in crock pot).
- Meanwhile, In a mixing bowl blend together 3 cups of sugar and 5 Tbsp of cocoa powder.
- To the sugar mixture add 1 or 2 cans of pet milk depending on how large of a pot you are making (or 1 or 2 cups of milk, but pet milk really makes the cocoa) I would suggest starting with one can, and if you think it needs it, add the second.
- By this time the water should be heating up, add the sugar, cocoa, pet milk mixture to the water and let it heat up all together for 5 or 10 minutes (this may take longer if using a crock pot).
- Pour into cups, top with marshmallows or whipped cream and enjoy!
See! Super Easy and oh so yummy!!
What's your favorite go-to family recipe for these chilly days approaching?