February 1, 2012

My Anniversary! & starting to work out!


I am SO excited!
Today is officially my husband and I’s 10th Wedding Anniversary!

This weekend we will go away to a beach house and renew our vows! I have been looking forward to this for a long time now.

I bought us a beautiful set of rings.. nontraditional… they are made from aluminum and wood. The inside of the rings are engraved with the following:

Mine – I am my beloveds
His – and my beloved is mine

They are beautiful, and really represent my husband. 10th anniversary is the aluminum anniversary, that's why I was originally looking for aluminum rings. When I came across this set I fell in love with them, we are such an "outdoors" family that the wood insets were perfect!

Here is a picture of the set.
Wood Rings- Cocobolo and Aluminum Wedding Band Set

I have so much to do to get ready for Friday before we head out. I have started a check list to make sure I don’t forget anything.

I was able to find a really nice dress that I will wear, and hopefully I can get him to dress up a bit also ;).

For every one of you prayer warriors out there… please pray for the weather! I checked yesterday and where we are going is supposed to be thunderstorms all weekend :( .  I normally don’t really mind thunderstorms much as long as I don’t have to drive in them, but I would like to at least have a break in the day or afternoon where the sky is beautiful enough for us to renew our vows and take some beautiful pictures!

Also, on a little side note… I started running/jogging 3-4 times a week.  I found a beginners jogging plan and am trying the best I can to follow it. I really have to push myself to complete each jog until the end of the allotted time, and I’m only on the second week… so you KNOW I am out of shape!


I find what also helps me stay going is music. My wonderful husband bought me a MP3 player and I found a website where you can download music mixes created especially for runners/working out www.rockmyrun.com  Check them out!

Also I found a great circuit beeper from www.gymboss.com and I bought one in hot pink!  I don't have to track the time or the laps... I just program it in and run till it beeps, walk till it beeps, repeat until it beeps like crazy and I know I'm finished!

I have to admit, the first day of the first week; even one minute of jogging had me dying! But by the end of the week, it wasn’t really too bad. I am hoping that at the end of each week I am able to complete the running with minimal effort.  Another MAJOR thing I have done is … I have replaced all of my soft drinks with WATER.  I say Major thing because I really really really dislike(d) water. I have never drunk it, not as a child, not growing up… not ever. I will drink Kool-Aid, but that’s the closest to water I get.  So for me to forgo all other beverages (except my morning coffee) and drink ONLY water is a super huge feat for me.

I have to say though, and I never ever thought these words would come out of my mouth, or finger tips… I am starting to acquire a taste for it. (gasp!)

It has been about two weeks since I made that change and I have noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin. I know it sounds crazy, but my skin is softer, isn’t flakey at all and actually feels … dare I say… hydrated?!

I also calculated if I am replacing, say, 3 cokes, or sprites a day with only water… that equates to about a pound a week in calories!!  I can lose about a pound a week with only this change… not including what I burn running! 

I am so excited! I hope I do not lose interest and keep pushing myself. Thank you Pinterest for all the fitness motivational pins… they are probably the main reason why I began my endeavor.

I can already tell a difference in my waist and am kicking myself for not taking measurements before hand.  ACTUALLY!!! I just remembered that I was measured last month to be fitted for my matron of honor gown! I can use those as a beginning measurement.

If I remember, when I get home I will measure myself … legs, arms, etc. so I can mark my progress!

I can't wait until I can post pictures of my vow renewals here!!!!

All my love,


Photobucket

No comments: