February 18, 2007

Will 5 minute cleanings work???

O.K. I am going to try something new... I have been using 15 minute cleaning increments. But only clean one or two rooms a day, and buy the time the rooms get rotated, the rooms I get back to are destroyed again. I read on Candy's blog, that she only cleans for about 45 minutes a day... 45 MINUTES... AND HER HOUSE STAYS THAT CLEAN???? How does she do it.... then I decided, if I clean every room in my house for 5 minutes, every day... that would equal up to 35 minutes a day... I can break it up to 3 rooms at a time, then a break in between. It would still add up to about two 15 minute cleanings a day, it would be a little in each room, instead of the whole half hour in only two rooms. I wonder if this will work. I will still have my daily chores... such as

Monday clean
Windows (only 3) mirrors (only 1) t.v. and computer screen and toilets (2) and 2 loads of laundry a day.

Tuesday clean
sinks (3) tubs (2) shower, faucets (5) and 2 loads of laundry a day.

Wednesday clean
Mop, and vacuum carpets and 2 loads of laundry

Thursday clean
Appliances in and out (stove, icebox, microwave, washer and dryer) and 2 loads of laundry

Friday clean
Clear and wipe down surfaces and 2 loads of laundry

Saturday clean
Anything that didn't get done during the week.

Now... these are what I have scheduled to do during the week... but I have to admit.. I don't always get around to doing them all, sometimes I only get to one or two a week... but I think when I start cleaning each room a little a day... it might improve the overall appearance of my house. If I actually get to doing the above daily cleanings.. it will just be an extra... now it only takes about 5 minutes on Mondays, maybe 10 minutes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays take the longest.

I will try this new cleaning schedule out for at least 2 weeks and see how it works... I will let you all know if it's a keeper, or if it's a dud. lol.

I would love it to work... ONLY HAVE TO CLEAN EACH ROOM FOR 5 MINUTES A DAY TO HAVE A CLEAN HOUSE! That would be amazing!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have been comparing the different binders at Candy's site and I like your ideas. Thanks for sharing with us. Yes it is a matter of tweeking this and that to fit our homes and families. I love your honesty. Your children will grown up feeling confident on how to keep up their homes. I too had little if any training. Thanks again for all you do....