20 Questions for Year 2011
The quilt I made my grandma, complete with an inscription of
her favorite verse Psalm 46:10 Be Still and Know....
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
~God opened the door for me to be able to lead a pre-teen girls ministry. This was a seed he had planted in my heart 10 years earlier. I had many times tried to start a ministry in my own time… it was when I least expected it that he opened the door wide open for me to lead a ministry that was already there!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
~Having my husband leave out of state, across the country and away from us for three months! It was the longest me or our children had gone without him. It was very hard being without him and I pray that we never have to go through that again.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
~I met two wonderful, spirit filled women who have became dear friends to me. I have not had many close friends in my life outside of family, and even less Christian friends. I am so thankful God sent these women into my life, and at the time I needed them the most… when my husband was away from home.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
~Finding out I was in the beginning stages of Cervical Cancer was very unexpected. I still have to go back in a couple of months to make sure the procedure removed it all. I am praying that I am clear and it stays that way.
5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
~Grace, Love, Fulfillment.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011
(don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
~Crafting, Loving, Sincere.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
~Challenges, Uncertainty, Peace.
8. What were the best books you read this year?
~The Essential Guide to Healing, and So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
~My Hubby, my Children, Natasha, Janet, Bethanie & Natalie – My Best Friends.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
~I was able to more regularly stop and seek His guidance before each move I took. This was something I would always do every now and then before… before life would get in the way. I have been able to focus more on Him this year.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
~I am the kind of person who worries about what others think of me, too much… I was able to step back and realize that I will never be able to please everyone all the time, and that as long as I was obeying and following my Lord and Savior, no one else should matter.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
~This year, more than any other, I have constantly searched for His face, constantly wanted to read His word and study books on His miracles. I have had some major “Ah Ha” moments.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
~I have actually shrunk a bit in the weight area! Lol. I don’t think there is much more change than that physically. I might have a few more grey hairs popping up, and a few more wrinkles here and there… but for the most part, I’m still the same.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
~I have learned to just let go of hurt, I have learned to just forgive and be free from those feelings. I have began to learn about giving of myself even when I don’t feel like it. I have grown closer also, to the girls in my ministry class.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
~I like that I am free to take off whenever there is a problem at home I need to take care of. I like that I can make up lost time whenever I need also.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
~Sometimes, people surrounding you who are not actively growing in their walks with God, can be harsh. My mind is almost always at home, with my family, with my duties, with my children. I would love to be able to stay at home with them once again.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
~I can’t say there was any one thing that really wasted my time, or made me waste my time. I pretty much try to balance things out as much as possible. With working full time outside of the home, I have so little time to work with from the get go.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
~Spending time with my family and friends.. creating handmade gifts that loved ones will treasure for years to come. I love to create and craft, and to be able to do that and at the same time give from that gift… there are few better feelings.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
~I am so excited to have made my first few quilts. This was something I had always been a little scared to try, and now I think it is my new obsession. I know not “life changing” but for me very exciting. I was able to make memory quilts for my sister and brother-in-law out of their fathers shirts… something they will cherish forever. I was able to make a quilt for my grandmother which she will hold on to until the day it’s passed back to my family… with even more meaning than the day I made it… for I will know that each morning when she awoke, she covered herself with that quilt while reading her bible and sipping her coffee.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.
~This is the beginning of the works that He has planted in my heart; I can’t wait to see the fruit.
The baby quilt I made for an upcoming shower
Do you gals think this would sell? I am thinking of adding them in my shop when I re-open on Etsy..
This one is going to my husband niece, who is expecting a little girl she will name Addison.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year!