September 10, 2014

Let your light shine...

A very good friend of mine received a word from God for me about a month ago. She sent it to me in a text (as mothers sometimes do in a desperate attempt at reaching out to each other with so little time in the day to accomplish all that needs to be done). The text she sent read:

“Twinkle Twinkle little star how I wonder what you are, up above the world so high like a diamond in the sky. When nothing shines upon you, you shine your little light, then travelers in the dark thank you for your tiny spark. They could not see if you did not twinkle so, they which do not know which way to go… twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are.

It blows my mind how gentle our God is to speak a lullaby to us for a revelation of how much we mean to Him, who He is to us and how much we are needed in this dark world. We just have to keep our spark! Shine bright, even when it’s hard. Love ya!”

Since that little word she gave me, I've “coincidentally” ran across a few printables’ with Matthew 5:14  - "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden." Such as the one below!



I've also stumbled upon Daysprings new jewelry line, Everlasting light, which I feel I MUST have one of soon. (I mean, it’s a divine connection between the word spoken to me and this jewelry line right?) ;) I can’t deny the fact that the Lord is speaking to me. I've gone through a sort of dry spell spiritually lately, to the point of questioning my calling in the ministry… perhaps this was Gods way of telling me to keep that light shining, to hold on to my Faith and to not give up.                        

Sometimes, the best night of my week are Wednesday nights, when I can walk into my classroom full of young teen girls… so full of promise and eager to learn. I realize that this light is a beacon in the night for those girls. Some of them do not come from Christian homes and are wandering around in the darkness trying to find their way.

I know that I’m nothing special outside of Christ, and I know that if I didn't follow my calling someone else would just take my place… look at how profoundly Esther stepped into her purpose, even to her it was said “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” – Esther 4:14

For such a time as this. – I haven’t been divinely placed in a royal position that could potentially save my people from annihilation… but the word is for us all. If we don’t rise up and step into our calling, someone else will. All of our gifts are given to us from above… we are nothing special without Christ and the many talents and gifts we are given can easily be given to another who would gladly use them for the Kingdom.  I want to be that person… I want to be able to stand before God on judgment day and feel like I used my talents wisely.  

“Do not neglect the gift you have,” – 1 Timothy 4:14
“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God,” – 2 Timothy 1:6
“Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them” – Romans 12:6-8
“A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before the great.” – Proverbs 18:16

I know my top gifts are teaching and writing and I feel so very blessed to be able to do both. I love the girls in my group and even though the enemy tries to make me doubt myself… I know it’s where I belong. I sometimes just need a little reminder…


 Isolate your gifts, develop them, use them… let that light shine!

Photobucket

No comments: